March 12, 2019
Finding the Best Apartments: Apartment hunting can be one of the most stressful experiences in life, and that’s no wonder, considering how much responsibility it can entail. You’re not just looking for a place to live—you’re looking to create an environment that will provide you with security, comfort, and peace of mind. If you’re trying to find the best apartments in your area, keep these 10 tips in mind as you search!
1) Do more than just search for rent prices
The process of finding an apartment can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. With a little bit of research and planning, you can find the perfect place for you and your family. Here are 10 tips to get you started:
- Start by making a list of must-haves. What are the non-negotiables? Do you need a certain number of bedrooms or bathrooms? Is there minimum square footage? Make sure to include these items on your list.
2) Read reviews about potential landlords and make sure they have positive feedback
The first step is to do your research. Read reviews about potential landlords and make sure they have positive feedback. You don’t want to end up with a bad landlord who doesn’t care about their tenants.
Next, take a look at the apartment itself. Is it in a good condition? Are there any obvious repairs that need to be made? If so, it’s likely that the landlord won’t take care of them in a timely manner.
3) Consider long-term stays
If you’re planning on staying in an apartment for more than just a year, it’s important to consider what your needs will be during that time. For example, if you plan on having children, you’ll need to make sure there’s enough space for a nursery. If you have pets, you’ll need to find a pet-friendly building. And if you plan on entertaining guests often, you’ll want to make sure there’s enough common space in the building.
4) Try out other spots in the area before making a commitment
- If you’re looking for a new place to live, it’s important to explore all of your options before making a decision. Visit different neighborhoods and check out different types of apartments to get a feel for what’s out there.
- Once you’ve narrowed down your search to a few potential places, it’s time to start doing some research. Read online reviews and talk to people who have lived in the area to get an idea of what it’s really like.
5) Decide if pet-friendly spaces are important to you
Pets are important members of the family, so it’s important to find an apartment that will welcome them with open arms. Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect pet-friendly space for you and your furry friend:
- Start your search early – give yourself plenty of time to look around so you don’t have to settle for something that’s not ideal.
- Do your research – read reviews of potential apartments online and see if they accommodate pets.
6) Review any housing covenants in the area.
Some may be strict on not smoking or partying within a certain time frame.
When it comes to finding an apartment that is perfect for you and your family, there are a few things to keep in mind. The first is to review any housing covenants in the area. This is important because some areas may be strict on no smoking or partying within a certain time frame.
7) Avoid paying moving fees
- Look for apartments that offer free moving services. This can save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Ask friends and family if they know of any good deals on apartments. They may be able to help you find a great deal.
- Check online listings carefully. Many times, you can find good deals on apartments by searching online.
- Drive around town and look for For Rent signs.
8) If possible, sign a longer lease so that you aren’t responsible for re-locating frequently.
This can reduce stress in life.
It can be difficult to find an apartment that suits all of your needs, but following these tips can help make the process a little easier.
- Start by making a list of must-haves vs. nice-to-haves. This will help you narrow down your search.
- Once you have your list, start searching online and visiting potential places in person.
- Pay attention to both the apartment itself and the neighborhood it’s in.
9) Know what utilities are included in rent costs to save money each month
- Before beginning your search for an apartment, it’s important to know which utilities are included in rent costs. This can help you budget more accurately each month.
- Many landlords include water, trash, and heat in rent prices. But depending on the area you live in, electricity may also be included.
- If utilities are not included in rent, ask the landlord what the average monthly cost is for tenants.
10) Take advantage of available discounts, especially if moving with children (there could be discounts through schools, local businesses, even airlines)
- It’s always a good idea to start by looking for discounts. If you’re moving with children, there are probably discounts available through their schools or local businesses. And don’t forget to check for discounts with airlines and other transportation companies.
- Another tip is to look for an apartment that’s close to public transportation. This can be a great way to save money on gas and reduce your carbon footprint.